He can but will he?

     All throughout our Christian life and walk we are told things like faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" to remind us to have faith in all situations. We're told that "all things are possible with God" to remind us that God's ability exceeds our own.

    But, what happens when you're living in the "things not seen" and "all things" phase? What happens when you're living in the in between?

    I know that God can because God has. God has blessed us above and beyond what we ever could have imagined during one of the worst tragedies of our lives. Every immediate need was met, and needs past the immediate. So, I have faith that God can.

    I'm struggling with having faith that God will.

    Right now we are in a situation that looks humanly impossible. My husband and I have done everything within our limits, but we are still being told that there will be roadblocks and challenges. And for me, right now, that is very disheartening. 

    What if the thing that I am hoping and believing for isn't in God's plan? What if I have to wait significantly longer than I wanted to? I know that God can, because God can do anything. But will He? And what if he doesn't?  Where does that leave me?

    I absolutely, 1000% have faith that God can. It's the faith that He will that's a little shaky right now with all of the hurdles in front of us. (just being honest) My family and I have been blessed by the God of more that enough throughout the past month. And now we need to, and want to start looking forward to the next part of our lives. But this is where our faith is being stretched. This is where faith that he will looks like me trusting God's sovereignty, which can be hard. This is where faith that he will is having faith in his perfect timing, not rushing ahead of him, which is REALLY hard for an instant gratification person such as myself. And, most of all, this is where faith that he will needs to look like praying that God will work on my heart to give me the peace that I need to rest in him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the fire grew

Living in the waiting

Getting honest