Praying out loud
I’ve made it no secret that I have struggled with how to pray over the years. I am a very problem.-solution type of person, so I have looked for the “ magic formula” for a while, but I think I’ve gotten pretty good at adjusting my prayers to my season of life. (actually, I’m just trying to be less stubborn about being obedient to a God is telling me to do.)
My husband and I are facing a little bit of a challenging situation. I was sitting at home one morning, praying about everything, and I really felt the Lord telling me to speak it out. So, I started thinking, God out loud for his resolution on the subject. I got specific about certain details and just kept thanking him over and over.
I had prayed about this particular situation several times already. But it had mostly been at the table quietly to myself. But when I felt God telling me to pray out loud about it, I felt like I was taking authority over my own worry and doubt. I was reminding myself of God’s authority, and I was effectively reminding the devil who is in charge.(spoiler alert, it’s not him.)
Sometimes I inadvertently buy into the lie that Satan knows what I’m thinking. I allow those negative thoughts or fears to land and redirect my thought patterns. That’s when I need to remind myself that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. I needed to claim the Lord of God, my situation and my prayer. I needed to remind myself of his sovereignty, his goodness, and his perfect plan.
The world can get loud sometimes. Our own thoughts and doubts and especially fears can get loud sometimes. That’s OK. Don’t be afraid to claim God‘s word out loud. You may not fully feel it at first, and that’s OK too. We’re not claiming based on our belief, but based on who God is
Comments
Post a Comment