Watching them grow

     It's really a special thing to watch people growing in the Lord. I love watching people, especially younger people, taking steps in their walk with Christ. The world is becoming a tougher place for Christians, so to see young people willing to be "countercultural" and be bold in their faith is really encouraging and special.

    On Easter Sunday, we had the honor of watching my son's girlfriend be baptized. She was pretty new to the faith when she and my son started dating, and she's pretty shy when it comes to crowds. So, to see her be willing to be so bold in her faith in front of so many people was a really beautiful thing. 

    My future son in law was also baptized on Easter Sunday. He said that he felt God tugging on his heart while we watched Giana, but didn't respond to the call because he didn't want to take away from her special day. But, afterwards, he also said that he didn't want to be a man who went through his life saying no to God. So, he called my son and they went down to the intercoastal waterway and Matthew baptized him. 

    He was also very new to faith when he and my daughter started dating. And now, as they are preparing to get married, to see him take a step in to truly being the head and leader of his household was very moving as well. 

    That evening, I was sitting at home and I thought about how amazing and powerful it was to be a part of such a big moment in both of their lives. Baptism is an outward declaration of your faith, but it doesn't always have to be public. But, they not only allowed them to be public, they allowed, and even wanted us to be there to share in the joy with them, which warmed my heart as a mom and as a sister in Christ. 

    Over the past year or two, I've watched both of them grow so much in their faith. I've watched them hunger for God and for what He is doing in their lives, I've watched them learn to trust God in ways they never have before, and I am so excited to see where God takes them next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the fire grew

Living in the waiting

Getting honest