Your tribe is your vibe

     Let me tell you about my best friends. Yes I have more than one. No, I don't think you can only have one.

    There are 3 women in my life who have played a significant role, and I am so thankful for each one of them. I don't know how I would have survived various trials and sometimes life in general without each of them.

    In chronological order, the first one I'm going to talk about has been one of my best friends since college. We were sorority sisters and we just clicked. She was one of my favorite people then, and she still is. I was shy and quiet, she was outgoing and funny. I was self conscious, she was so confident. She just has this amazing spirit and I have looked up to her for 25 years.

    Now that we are adults in our 40s as opposed to young adults in our 20s, one thing I love about her is how strong her faith is. This woman has been through some STUFF, but no matter what, she points her eyes and her heart back to God. She is always verbalizing her confidence and trust in God, even if she's got some questions or is angry. She never doubts that God will use whatever she's going through for his good. She doesn't pull punches and if she's angry with God, she lets you know! She's just real.

    She has been my guiding light through some of the darkest moments of my life. She has prayed for me and with me. She has sent me worship songs and verses. She has let me be angry and upset, she has let me cry. She's reminded me that my feelings are valid, and reminded me how loved I am by God. She also calls me out on my stuff when I need it, which is just as important. We need people to hold us accountable!

    Our friendship did not start out God centered 25 years ago, but it's so amazing that this is what it has grown in to. We talk about our "young and dumb" days and laugh. But we also talk about God's grace and mercy and hand in our lives. There are days I'm on the verge of going off the rails, and she lets me lose my mind a little bit. But she pulls me back to where I need to be and points my eyes where they need to stay. When I don't have the strength to pray, she prays for me. When I have questions, we dig in to His word together. I'm thankful every day that the Lord has allowed this woman to be in my life for as long as she has!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the fire grew

Living in the waiting

Getting honest