Season of intentional
God has brought me to a season of intentional recently. I know that God takes us through various seasons throughout our entire lives, and every one of them has a purpose. I will say that I was pretty excited when God showed me this season of being intentional. I feel like I've been trying to be intentional the past few months, specifically with my health, so I was looking forward to what the Lord was going to show me.
I had to recall one very important thing, though. God's seasons and timelines are not the same as our seasons and timelines. When I think seasons, I think the obvious- winter, spring summer, and fall. Each of them has their own weather, activities, food associated with them. But, each of them has a first and last day so that you can look at a calendar and see when one is going to end and another is going to begin.
I have often been so foolish as to think that God's seasons work that way. I'll be doing a Bible study or word study and God will bring me in to a season and I'll think "OK, cool, this month is my season of (fill in the blank)" or "OK, by the time I finish this book. I"ll have it figured out."
If you're really quiet, you can almost hear God laugh on that one.
No, no, no, what God showed me was that this particular book or month were not my season of intentional, but merely the start of it. And, God very quickly showed me that the first and most important thing I needed to do was surrender my timeline to his.
There are stories in the Bible of seasons that range from weeks to months to years. And God perfectly orchestrated them to last exactly how long they were supposed to last so that the lessons could be fully learned.
Not every season we go through is fun and exciting, but they all have lessons and a purpose, and they all work for our good because we love God. God always has something promised for us on the other side of our season, our job is to be obedient, let him guide us, and surrender any of our own agendas or expectations.
Comments
Post a Comment