The opposittion

     I saw a quote on social media one time that said when God placed the calling on your life, he already factored in your stupidity. And honestly, I thought that was pretty fabulous because I needed that reminder that God already knows every mistake I'm going to make, and that his plan is way bigger than any of them.

    Recently, though, I have realized that God not only factored in our stupidity, he also factored in our opposition. Let's be real- any time we are walking in obedience to the Lord and walking out our calling, opposition is going to come. But, God already knows every little (or big) obstacle we have to overcome or thing that will come against us.

    Opposition can come from anywhere. Maybe it's unexpected red tape when you're starting a business or financial surprises (gotta love those). Maybe it's a platform that's not working, or marketing challenges.

    Maybe it's even a person in your life. Maybe someone you love and trust. Someone who speaks life to your face and prays destruction and failure behind your back.

    I recently faced opposition from the last place that I expected, and it hurt. I'm talking on my face, ugly sobbing, crying out to God for guidance. Had I misheard what he had told me to do? Was it my voice and not God's? Were my motives wrong? 

    I was questioning everything! I thought back across every single step I had taken, the confirmation I received, the guidance I sought, and the peace that I felt when I just knew in my spirit it was God leading me. But suddenly I was doubting and thinking I had somehow missed the mark. 

    It's funny how we (well, at least I) can be so sure about something that God said and showed and the path he lit the way for..... until someone plants a seed of doubt. And, speaking for myself, it takes one seed to grow a garden.

    I completely doubted what I thought I had heard from God, I wondered if the peace I felt had been false peace that I had somehow manifested myself because I was excited about what was happening. I thought that maybe the roadblocks I hit were God's way of telling me to stop instead of just roadblocks I needed to overcome. I doubted everything.

    Not to mention, my feelings were very hurt. This had come out of left field, and from the last place I expected. It blindsided me and made me question everything. It crushed my spirit. And, to be quite frank, it made me mad. 

    I had researched what I was getting in to. I knew statistics and documented difficulties. I had expected spiritual attacks. But, what do you do when the opposition not only tries to take you down, but take you out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the fire grew

Living in the waiting

Getting honest